[Empower]Launch & Call for Application For Programme on Women In Political Participation 2010
Greetings from Empower! We have just launched Menjana Kuasa Wanita a programme to increase the political participation of women in Malaysia. This programme is supported by the Women's Caucus in Parliament (Malaysia) and funded by the U.S. Secretary's Office of Global Women's issues (S/GWI).
Menjana Kuasa Wanita promotes the political participation of Malaysian women to be part of a supportive poltical network to negotiate the world of male-dominated political processes. These women will be trained and mentored to bring women's issues to policy making level.
- Our participants will be equipped with a women's rights framework to analyse and advocate against inequalities and discrimination faced by women in Malaysia.
- These women will contribute towards achieving at least 30 % women in policy and decision-making positions, in line with the Ninth [9MP] & Tenth [10th] Malaysia Plans.
A customized training programme has been developed by Empower to suit the awareness level and the skills of potential candidates. The programme has been designed to:-
- build potential women leaders' capacity through knowledge and skills building workshops
- mentor potential women leaders to ensure that the learning from the training is internalized, deepened and sharpened
- enable these women to debate and discuss on a broader variety of issues, speak, deal with media and develop other vital leadership skills
Our Call for Applications
We are appealing to energetic, passionate and empowered women who seek to increase their political participation at all levels of government. We hope to galvanize potential female political candidates, particularly independent candidates from underserved and underrepresented communities. We urge women to apply for the programme, if they have the following criteria:
- 21 - 45 years old
- passion, concern about promoting human rights, commitment to social justice and a love for challenges
- aspirations to contest in the next general elections on women's issues, take on leadership roles in their communities or political organizations and committed to completing our extensive programme
Please help us publicize this event and promote this programme in your organization. We have attached the PDF version of our brochure and an application form for your perusal. Do not hesitate to call Jana or Mila at 03- 7784 4977 for further information or clarification. Alternatively, you may forward enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do follow us on our Fabebook page at http://www.facebook.com/home. php?#!/pages/Menjana-Kuasa- Wanita/153390038028674
Menjana Kuasa Wanita