HOW TO REGISTER AS A VOTER?
WHAT IS MEANT BY THE REGISTRATION OF ELECTORS?
The Registration of Electors, as provided for under the law, enables qualified Malaysian citizens to register as electors. The registration is carried out throughout the year. In addition it allows the Registered Electors who have changed their address to register at the new place of residence. Electors are also encouraged to check their names in the verified Electoral Rolls.
WHERE CAN YOU REGISTER?
Election Commission of Malaysia Headquarters OR State Election Offices
All Post Offices with computer facilities in the country;
WHY DO YOU NEED TO REGISTER?
To secure your right to vote in an election and exercise your right as a citizen.
WHO IS A QUALIFIED ELECTOR?
- A Malaysian citizen
- Has attained 21 years of age
- Is residing in any Election Constituency in Malaysia; and
- Has not been disqualified.
HOW TO REGISTER?
- Go personally to the Registration Centre;
- Take along your Identity Card;
- Ensure Form A is correctly filled by the staff before signing the form; and
- Keep one copy of the form as proof of your registration.
and let's vote WISELY
in the 13th General Election
for a better Malaysia ... a better tomorrow
for our children and our future generations
Please help to pass this critical message on ... far and wide
1. Forward this email to your family and friends
2. Talk to them at every opportunity and urge them to register and vote
3. Urge them to do likewise ... pass it on and keep the fire burning
Taken from Malaysia-today.net